What is this form for?
Use this form to apply for mediation to resolve disputes
- If the person has made an advance care directive and there is a disagreement about a health, accommodation or personal decision that has to be made for that person. This includes people who have made an Enduring Power of Guardianship, a Medical Power of Attorney or an Anticipatory Direction before July 1st 2014.
- If a person does not have an advance care directive, but there is a disagreement about health care and/or medical treatment. This includes disputes involving children under 16 years of age.
Who can Apply?
- the person who the decision is about (self)
- a substitute decision- maker appointed under an advance care directive
- If the matter relates to a child (under 16yrs) a parent or guardian of the child
- a relative of the person
- If the person is a patient with impaired decision making capacity in respect to a particular decision, a person responsible for the patient
- a health practitioner giving, or proposing to give health care to the person
- any other person who the Public Advocate assesses as having a proper interest in the life of the person and the dispute.
To download the application for mediation click here